Happy July! This post will be the last from me until at least the beginning of August. I need a little time to rest and refresh, and catch up on reading (see some of my vacation reading here)! Hope you have an enjoyable summer rejoicing in the greatest news of all-time (what God has done for us in Christ). 🙂
5 Principles for University Evangelism by Tim Keller. Changing times call for a changed approach with the same gospel.
- More than ever, students will be won to faith through personal, long-term friendships and dialogues.
- More than ever, Christian evangelists will have to be as much ‘students of culture’ as traditional missionaries have been.
- The two main ways to show Jesus to the students are still the meat of student ministry.
- Apologetics are important, but they should go beyond the older evidentialist forms and must be woven naturally into every aspect of student ministry.
- Evangelistic events should be marked by variety, vulnerability and often, also, by a light touch.
But This I Call to Mind: Reflections on the Philando Castile Verdict by Dante Stewart
Top quotes from the Trinity Lutheran Supreme Court win by Andrew T. Walker at ERLC. Great news from SCOTUS.
What Every Parent Needs to Know About the Updated Instagram on Brave Parenting. The author links to this article from Time Magazine: Why Instagram Is the Worst Social Media for Mental Health
When Sex and Religion Conflict, What Should Win? By Bob Smietana
And here’s a link to file under strange-and-unexpected: Teddy Roosevelt had a pet bear named ‘Jonathan Edwards’ (named after the theologian).
Jonathan Edwards had been named by his children “partly out of compliment to their mother’s ancestor [Mrs. Roosevelt was a descendant of the religious leader], and partly because they thought they detected Calvinistic traits in the bear’s character.”
Add a headset and a PowerPoint, you've got a TED Talk pic.twitter.com/VEFEyITSZv
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) June 28, 2017
If you’re looking for a great Christian role model in sports, it’s hard to beat Derek Carr of the Raiders. (Today’s Tebow?) 🙂 If you are reading via email, click this link for video.
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) June 23, 2017