As I mentioned last week, Ecuador suffered a deadly earthquake that killed at least 650. Several of the churches we work with in Ecuador are hurting and rallying as the body of Christ to come to the spiritual, emotional, and material needs of those in their congregation and community.
Leadership Resources set up a relief fund to support members of a partner church affected by the earthquake with material needs. Would you consider making a donation to help our brothers and sisters in Christ?
Best of New and Free Resources
- Talks from Together for the Gospel 2016 Now Available
- Introducing the Word Matters Podcast with Trevin Wax and Brandon Smith
- Craig Keener Lectures on Acts. I added this YouTube playlist to my massive list of online seminary resources.
- This isn’t new, but you can get a free ebook of Prosperity? Seeking the True Gospel with contributions from John Piper, Wayne Grudem, Conrad Mwebe, and other African theologians.
Bible & Theology
How to Read the Bible. A short and helpful video from Dr. Michael Horton
Christian Living & Prayer
— Kevin Halloran (@kp_halloran) April 21, 2016
35 Random Thoughts and Tips on the Reading of Books by David Qaoud
Religious Indoctrination and the Proselytizing Public School. Trevin Wax with important words that there is no ‘neutral’ ground in public schools, and that “neutral ground” is often Secularization 101.
The Jewish Intellectual Who Predicted America’s Social Collapse by Bruce Ashford
Prince: “Don’t die without knowing the cross” by Denny Burk
All of the above is what everybody knows about Prince, but none of that came to mind today when I first heard the news of his passing. What came to my mind was that he just entered into eternity and that I didn’t pray for him enough. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. Yes, he was a genius musician. But he was also a man. And it is appointed unto man once to die and then to face judgment (Hebrews 9:27). His death like every death reminds us that we need to number our days because they will be over before we know it (Psalm 90:10, 12).
Like Any Prince. Some interesting thoughts by Jon Bloom about the passing and ambiguous/sexually-charged nature of Prince.
Choose Good Sunday School Materials for Children by Ryan Higginbottom
Should church services primarily be for evangelizing non-Christians or building up Christians? pic.twitter.com/tfGynSXUQB
— 9Marks (@9Marks) April 21, 2016
I enjoyed Mark Dever’s conversation with Phillip Jensen at T4G titled The Reformation Meets “Trellis and Vine”.
Randomness from the Interwebs
1. Harvard biologist George Wald estimated [in 1970] that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”