Hey friends! I leave for Ecuador today to train pastors to preach and teach the Bible. Will you pray for me?
Also, join me in prayer for a Pakistani brother who recently contacted me asking for prayer for heavy government persecution upon him, his family, and his church. Pray for the Lord’s strength and blessing for our brothers and sisters amidst difficulty, and for the right advocates in the western world to help.
Two Book Contests Worth Entering:
- Enter to win 1 of 5 copies of Tony Reinke’s 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You
- Enter to win The Collected Works of John Piper, The ESV Reader’s Bible Set, or The Works of Jonathan Edwards from Bethlehem College and Seminary
Free music celebrating the Reformation available from Ligonier! Post-Tenebras Lux
The Newest Edition of TGC’s Journal Themelios is out (and is a free download). They shared my review of Tim Keller’s Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical—a book I really, really enjoyed.
The Bible’s 4 Essential Teachings about Politics by Bruce Ashford. If you don’t read the article, at least meditate on the headings below:
- Act 1: Creation (Politics as a Good Dimension of the Created Order)
- Act 2: The Fall (Politics as a Good Dimension Twisted toward Wrong Ends)
- Act 3: Redemption (Politics as a Dimension Christians Can Redirect toward Right Ends)
- Act 4: Consummation (The Political Dimension under the King’s Wise and Loving Rule)
He’s Memorized 42 Books of the Bible—And You Can Too! (Andy Davis) It’s not as impossible as you think—and it will change your life.
What Can Church History Teach Us About Wolves? by Kevin DeYoung
1. Wolves don’t usually know they’re wolves.
2. Wolves can quote the Bible.
3. Wolves tend to be imbalanced.
4. Wolves are impatient with demands for verbal clarity.
5. Wolves come in different shapes and sizes.
Glorifying God through Infertility by Michael Taylor.
Seven Ways to Overcome Satan by J.D. Greear. Sharing truth from a favorite passage of mine.
Ask Anything Live from Albert Mohler
- 00:24 Should Christians use natural law arguments in the public square?
- 06:25 What are some necessary steps that a student can take as they prepare for seminary?
- 08:34 How should the Christian church love LGBT people? Should we be concerned about discrimination in employment, salary, and housing?
- 14:15 What advice would you give to parents dealing with an adult child who is an addict and living with them, particularly if grandchildren are involved?
- 15:16 Should a single person foster or adopt children? Could it be considered going outside of or around God’s original design for family?
- 18:42 Is it helpful for Christians to distinguish between sex and gender? Is gender a social construct?
- 23:18 Can a Christian acknowledge that the American Revolution was possibly a violation of Romans 13 while still being grateful that it happened and for the republican government that came out of it?
- 28:15 If you disagree with your pastor on an issue, is it okay to teach people your stance on the issue outside of the church?
- 31:04 Are Eastern Orthodox Christians truly Christians?
- 41:19 Where does it say in the bible that abortion is wrong?
- 45:23 As an English teacher in a public high school, how can I encourage students to think for themselves and search for the truth in an environment where a secular worldview is aggressively promoted?
- 48:26 Studies have shown the consumption of pornography is widespread, even within the church. How should pastors and churches fight this epidemic?
- 52:56 What are your thoughts on the renewed push toward Protestant catechesis?
A helpful word on criticizing people online (click here to read bigger):
— Justin Taylor (@between2worlds) April 24, 2017