2021 has come and gone. I’ll always remember 2021 as the year my first (of hopefully several) book came out, the year I switched jobs to serve with Unlocking the Bible, and a year of God’s grace in so many ways. (Also it was the year of the pandemic slowing down and changing.) It was a year of slow growth, a deepening love for the Lord, my family, and desire to share Christ with others.
It was also a year in which I found less time for regular blogging. But I’m extremely thankful to the Lord for His work in me and through me. I plan to continue to blog and perhaps establish a more regular rhythm again in the New Year. But until then, here is a sloppily thrown together Year in Review post along with a handful of other random recommendations I think are worth sharing.
Thank you for following this blog. I appreciate you and hope to serve you well moving forward.
Top Blog Content
- Praying the Lord’s Prayer Specifically for a Person or Situation
- How to Pray When the Wicked Prosper: Wisdom from the Psalms
- What does it mean to abide in Jesus Christ? (late 2020)
- In case you missed it: Top 10 Books I Read in 2021
Top YouTube videos
- Please STOP Saying “Christianity Isn’t a Religion, It’s a Relationship”,
- Praying the Lord’s Prayer in Spiritual Warfare (a clip from How the Lord’s Prayer Helps Us Overcome Our Prayer Struggles)
- When Prayer Makes Anxiety WORSE
Top Articles for Unlocking the Bible
- 7 Tips for Fighting Distraction in Prayer
- 25 Christ-Exalting Christmas Hymns and Worship Songs
- 5 Marks of a Spiritually Abusive Leader
* Note: My recommendation doesn’t endorse everything that is posted.
Instagram Accounts I’ve enjoyed:
- The Zillow Gone Wild page which shares quirky and just plain strange Zillow listings. There’s always at least one super strange quirk for each house.
- Sketchy Sermons has neat quotes from Christian leaders.
YouTube Channels I’ve enjoyed:
Coming in 2022
I plan to launch a video teaching course on my book When Prayer Is a Struggle (through Unlocking the Bible), make a few more videos for YouTube, and excited to see my Spanish blog continue to grow and impact many in Latin America. I’d also like to see a proposal for my next book finished and sent to publishers. We will see what the Lord has in store!
As 2021 winds to a close, I wish you and your family a happy New Year.