Dear friends and partners,
A colleague of mine recently used a surfing analogy to describe the way he felt while training pastors in Haiti:
“God gave our team so much strength and grace that we knew we had a ton of people praying for us! I felt like I was surfing a huge wave of prayer! “
What an amazing testimony!
By God’s grace, every time I’ve asked for prayer for a missions trip I’ve experienced what I’ll call the “surfboard phenomenon.” (See highlights from my last trip.)
And with another training trip to Ecuador coming up with Leadership Resources, I invite you to be the wind beneath my wings—errrr, the water beneath my surfboard—and hold us and our ministry up in prayer!
Please pray for my Ecuador trip (November 20–December 5). We will continue the training of three different groups of pastors and church leaders and study 1–2 Samuel, Jonah, and 2 Timothy. (You can learn more about our ministry in this story on The Gospel Coalition: Moving Toward Christ-Centered Preaching in Ecuador.)
- Pray for the pastors we train to grow in their understanding of Scripture and ability to clearly communicate it.
- Pray for pastors/leaders to experience Christ through His Word in a transformative way.
- Pray with us that God would move in power and create a movement of His Word in that country and beyond.
- Pray for my Spanish abilities to be sharp and for me to grow in needed areas.
- Pray for me to be spiritually strong and nourished by rich private time in the Word and prayer.
- Pray for me to be healthy: specifically not having migraine headaches (like last time) or getting dehydrated.
- Pray that God blesses many people who have suffered since April’s earthquake through our ministry.
- Pray for me to have a deepened sense of calling of how God wants to use me in every area of life.
- Pray for a kingdom focus at all times and for the heart of a servant.
- Pray for safety in travel and protection from harm.
“Pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ… that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.” Colossians 4:3–4
Your prayers are the wind in my sails—we couldn’t do this ministry without you.
Content Specialist / Trainer in Latin America
Donate to My Ministry