“I don’t know what to pray about.”
“God just doesn’t seem to hear me.”
“I’m too busy to pray.”
“I get so distracted.”
If you struggle to pray, be encouraged! The struggle reveals a desire to pray, and when you have that desire, you can address the obstacles to prayer by facing them head-on.
Writing as a sympathetic and practical guide, Kevin Halloran helps you to pinpoint areas of weakness in your prayer life and take immediate steps to overcome them. We learn:
- how gospel truths speak into our common struggles in prayer
- how we can move forward in prayer in practical ways
- how believers from past and present have overcome obstacles, persevered in prayer, and grown in their love for God
Examine your heart, implement practical measures, and experience the joys of faithfully drawing near to God.
When Prayer Is a Struggle: A Practical Guide for Overcoming Obstacles in Prayer releases from P&R Publishing on August 4, 2021.
Table of Contents:
Foreword by Colin S. Smith
Introduction: The Struggle Is Real
1. I Forget Why Prayer Matters
2. I Don’t Know What to Pray
3. I Feel Too Guilty to Pray
4. I’m Not Sure God Hears Me
5. I Have Mixed Motives
6. I Can’t Focus
7. I’m So Unorganized
8. I’m Too Stressed
9. I’m Too Busy
Conclusion: The Struggle Is Worth It
If you’re interested in being on my launch team and getting a free copy for review, let me know!