I need your help!
If you’ve benefited from my writing ministry or simply want to grow in prayer, would you consider joining my book launch team for When Prayer Is a Struggle: A Practical Guide for Overcoming Obstacles in Prayer?
I wrote When Prayer Is a Struggle because I realized I needed to grow in prayer. I spent the next several years searching the Scriptures, reading great books on prayer and productivity, and talking to countless believers about their struggles and joys in prayer. The final product is a book that I hope encourages the heart and gives readers practical tools they can use immediately. (You could think of it as Paul E. Miller meets Cal Newport.)
I take a head-heart-hands approach to help readers:
- See how gospel truths speak to the struggles we face in prayer (because biblical truth is the solid foundation for faithful prayer);
- Diagnose issues of the heart that keep us from true prayer (because our hearts matter to God); and
- Learn how to move forward in prayer (because informed heads and transformed hearts still need practical help).
You can see the Table of Contents here.
What you’ll get
- Receive a pre-release digital copy of the book (when it’s available)
- Have designated access to the author (yours truly) in a Facebook group and/or by email
- Have the chance to win books from P&R
**Don’t worry, we won’t spam you with a million emails. (I hate that too!)**
What I’ll ask for
- Read some or all of the book
- Converse in the group about the content
- Post a review of the book during launch week (Amazon and others). Bonus points if you buy a copy on Amazon before leaving the review!
- Spread the word on social media
What people are saying
“Kevin Halloran has brought together a treasure chest of wise and practical counsel that will deepen your prayers… Kevin will help you bring structure and purpose to your prayer life. He will show you how to use any sense of failure you feel to help, rather than hinder, your prayers. This book will expand your horizons and give you a new vision for how you can engage more effectively in prayer.” —Colin S. Smith in the foreword
Let me be honest: my heart’s reaction to another book about prayer is that I’d rather spend more time praying than reading about it. As I was reading When Prayer Is a Struggle, however, I felt as if I had a friend leading me, on a path, to pray more, to pray better, to pray until I could pray. I just couldn’t put it down, except to pause regularly to pray about a particular truth or with the prayers at the end of every chapter… —Jairo Namnún, Director for International Coalitions, The Gospel Coalition
“Prayer is a challenge for me, as it is for most Christians, probably because we fail to fully feel just how dependent we are on God. Kevin Halloran’s book offers a wise combination of theological reflection and practical helps . . . both intended to drive us to our knees in prayer to the One who knows and loves us.” —Trevin Wax, General Editor of The Gospel Project, Author of Rethink Your Self, This Is Our Time, and Gospel-Centered Teaching