In December of 2012, I was stressed out.
I had one semester of seminary remaining and I had no idea what I wanted to do when done with school.
Why didn’t I have a specific ministry in mind like most of my classmates? Why couldn’t I narrow down all of the exciting ministry potentials out there?
God put three types of ministry on my heart during seminary:
- Word Ministry: I love the Word of God. I love the church. I want to serve the church through a ministry of the Word.
- Ministry to Spanish Speakers: God gave me a heart to do gospel ministry in Spanish after studying Spanish in Ecuador, developing the language further in the Dominican Republic, and participating in other cross-cultural experiences.
- Blogging and Social Media: This passion fell on my lap when I started a part-time job with a small company that sold PA systems near my seminary. I was in charge of blogging and social media marketing, and soon developed both a proficiency and a passion. This passion transitioned into an internship with the ministry Unlocking the Bible and the launch of my personal blog.
How could I find a ministry when my heart seemed to be leading me in three different directions? In my anxiety, I cried out to the Lord:
Lord, if you can combine my three ministry passions into one position, please make it happen. And if not, I will serve you no matter where you send me… And oh yeah, if you could keep me in the Chicago area near this girl I am very interested in…that would be great!
About a month before graduation, I sat in a hole-in-the-wall sandwich shop eating lunch with a pastor from my church who has a gift in helping young men find their fit in ministry. When I told him I couldn’t decide between these three areas of ministry, I expected him lean back in his chair, put his hand to his chin, and say something to the tune of, “Hmmm… I’ll have to get back to you.”
But to my surprise, he said, “Kevin, I think you’d be a good fit with the guys over at Leadership Resources International.”
“Leadership Resources who?” I thought, having never heard of Leadership Resources International.
But in the Lord’s providence, shortly thereafter I drove down to the LRI offices, met with a handful of people there, and realized we were a perfect fit for each other. I later found out that they had been praying for someone just like me with online skills and Spanish abilities to help train pastors several times a year in Latin America.
- Word ministry? Check!
- Blogging and Social media? Check!
- Ministry to Spanish speakers? Check!
- Stay in Chicago for a certain special girl? Check! (We are now engaged !)
Glory to God for His answer to my prayer! Now it’s time to get to work!
Leadership Resources exists to equip and encourage pastors to transform their church through teaching the Word of God with the heart of God.
85% of pastors in the world have little or no biblical training. In the Training National Trainers program we train pastors to preach sermons that exposit the truth of Scripture and encourage them to be God’s humble servants who are doers of the Word.
“Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.” 2 Timothy 4:2
Churches need pastors trained in the Scriptures to feed their sheep the truth of Scripture which is sufficient to lead us to salvation (2 Timothy 3:15), train us in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16), and prepare us for every good work (2 Timothy 3:17).
If a pastor isn’t equipped to preach the Word, what are they preaching?
Our training has three main foci:
- To study the Word of God together.
- To equip pastors to teach the Word correctly in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To train pastors to train others to study and teach the Word of God.
We have seen all over the world God use our Training National Trainers program to transform pastors into preachers faithfully proclaiming the Word in the power of the Spirit for the transformation of their congregations and communities.
Our goal is multiply biblical training among pastors and congregations. The pastors we train begin to train their own groups other pastors and cause “the word of the Lord to increase and prevail mightily” (Acts 19:20).
That’s why our tagline is Launching Pastoral Training Movements Worldwide. We want to create movements of the Word just like the apostles saw in the book of Acts. Learn more about our approach to ministry.
1. Content Strategist (In Palos Heights, IL). Mainly through blogging and social media, I tell stories of God’s amazing work around the world, provide resources for the church to equip people in the Word, and build new relationships with believers interested in our work.
In addition to Leadership Resources’ blog and my own, I have been a contributor to The Gospel Coalition’s Spanish Blog, ChurchLeaders.com, and GoThereFor.com (part of Matthias Media, a partner ministry of Leadership Resources).
2. Trainer in Latin America. Several times a year I travel to Latin America with our team to help lead biblical training for pastors (usually stints no longer than three weeks). I am currently on the Ecuador team and look forward to deepening relationships with those we train over the next several years and seeing the Word of God flourish!
What Pastors are Saying
Click on each pastor’s picture for more of their story.
We Can Make a Difference Together
My position follows the funding model Jesus and Paul followed which depends on the generous contributions of partners. Together we can be an expression of Christ to the nations and strengthen the global church for biblical ministry!
Please prayerfully consider partnering with me in one the following ways:
- Partnering through prayer.
- Pray for God to continue to bless our online initiatives to both proclaim His glory and energize biblical preaching around the world.
- Pray for strength, safety, and fruit for our training trips to Ecuador and future locations.
- Pray that God would build many gospel partnerships that can further the Kingdom.
- Pray that I could meet financial goals and connect with new partners in the gospel to share this exciting work.
- Partnering through finances. My current needs are about $3,500 per month. Would you consider partnering with me monthly at either $20, $30, $50, or $100 per month?
You can donate securely online (select “Kevin Halloran”) or by filling out this form and mailing it to the designated address. (We have both the ECFA and Barnabas Foundation stamp of approval, so you won’t have to worry where your gift winds up.)
“Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.” Paul in Philippians 4:17
- Partnering along with your church. If you feel like the Lord is leading you to partner with me, consider putting me in touch with your pastor or missions director (or have them get in touch with me). I would love to begin a conversation about how we can work side-by-side to advance the cause of Christ around the world.
Get In Touch With Me
Feel free contact me from the bottom of my about page to ask me any questions or share comments that you have in regards to partnership or my ministry. I’d love to hear from you!