Hi, I’m Kevin Halloran.
The purpose of my writing is to encourage, equip, and empower you to live a Bible-saturated, gospel-centered, Christ-exalting life. I’m no expert at this—just a pilgrim on a journey to the celestial city trying to please his Lord.
I am a graduate of Taylor University (BA) and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (MDiv) and now serve with WordPartners in the US and Latin America strengthening the worldwide church through training pastors in biblical exposition.
My first book When Prayer Is A Struggle (P&R) comes out Fall 2021.
I’ve been featured on The Gospel Coalition (in English and Spanish), the Leadership Resources Blog (where I serve), For the Church, ChurchLeaders.com, Christianity.com, the Unlocking the Bible blog, The Gospel Project blog, and several other places.
My prayer for blog readers is the same as Paul’s for the Philippians:
“And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11
Soli Deo Gloria.
Check out some of my popular posts or learn about my speaking ministry.
Visit my Spanish blog AncladoEnCristo.org.
Random Stuff about Me
- My two favorite music genres are Christian rap and Spanish worship music.
- Two of my favorite answers to prayer are having the job I have now and finding a beautiful Proverbs 31 wife.
- My favorite place to shop is the thrift store (and that’s actually where my nicest clothing is from).
- As a native Chicagoan, I know what it means to have a cold winter, a hot summer, high taxes, and the best pizza.
- It is my goal to eventually attend a game at a ballpark in every Major League stadium (11 down, 19 to go!).
- My ideal vacation consists of beautiful scenery, time with my wife, and time to read and exercise.
- If you give me a Cuban sandwich, I’ll be your friend for life.
- If I had to choose between mountains and the beach, I’d choose both. Preferably somewhere in Latin America.
- I sported the bowl-cut as a kid.
- Some of my heroes are Jesus Christ, the apostle Paul, my pastor, Hudson Taylor, Keith Green, and my parents.
If you’ve found my blog useful, drop me a note and tell me a little bit about yourself.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Here are a couple of legal thingys I have to do: 1. Credit TFJensen on Flickr for my Links to Make You Think and Grow Image, 2. Mention that I share some affiliate links to cover website expenses. Don’t worry–I only share what I use or highly recommend. 🙂