Counselor Brad Hambrick of The Summit Church in Durham, North Carolina (where J.D. Greear pastors) has provided free videos of five Christian marriage seminars titled “Creating a Gospel-Centered Marriage.” Each seminar works through important topics relating to marriage in five or six sessions with each session ranging from a half an hour to about fifty minutes.
My wife and I are working our way through a couple of these seminars and recommend them for couples to watch together to grow in the Lord and strengthen their relationship.
Creating a Gospel-Centered Marriage Seminars
Here are a few reasons to consider these videos:
- We all need to make the foundation of our marriages the gospel and God’s purposes for us.
- It is easier to watch a video than read a book together. (At least for my wife and I.)
- Watching the relatively short sessions will be a better investment in your marriage than watching Netflix.
- Some of the sessions/seminars have evaluations, worksheets, and additional resources to work through. (You can contact church staff to request a copy of the workbooks.)
- You and your spouse can start a marriage journal and take notes through the sessions. That’s what my wife and I are doing, with plans to review our notes and pray through them.
- You can probably stand to grow in your understanding of how the gospel specifically relates to communication in marriage, handling finances, decision-making, and intimacy.
- If you have kids, an investment in your marriage will pay incalculable long-term dividends for them.
- A strong, Christ-centered marriage is powerful testimony in a world of self-centered and sinful people.
- THEY ARE FREE.
You may also want to consider some of Brad Hambrick’s helpful books and booklets. (S/O to Sammy Nieves for the heads up on these!)