Just like sprinkling pepper over our food can add flavor and enjoyment to eating, saying short, faith-filled prayers throughout the day add flavor and joy to our relationship with God.
Here are ten examples of short prayers that might just change your life:
- 1. “Lord I believe, help my unbelief!” This prayer from Mark 9:24 reminds us that without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6).
- “Help!” How often do we need this one?
- “Lord, I don’t know what to do, but my eyes are on you!” This prayer from 2 Chronicles 20:12 can anchor us in difficulty.
- “Thank You, God!” We don’t say this nearly enough. As some of my daughter’s favorite theologians say, “A thankful heart is a happy heart.”
- “Lord, You’re awesome!” Here’s a good one to pray when a sunset takes your breath away or you receive an unexpected blessing. We were made to worship God, this short prayer helps us live in line with God’s purpose for us.
- “Lord, give me wisdom.” What if I told you God promised to answer this prayer in abundance? Read James 1:5 if you dare.
- “Help me speak the truth in love.” A great prayer before that hard conversation.
- “Help me delight in Your Word.” This is a life-transforming prayer for every day and every season of life, just like the next on this list.
- “Help me live a life of repentance.”
- “Lord, help us be a light in this neighborhood.” Here’s a good prayer before doing yard work or going for a walk. Just beware that God’s answer may bring you out of your comfort zone!
Short prayers throughout the day shouldn’t be the only prayers we pray just like text messages to my wife aren’t the only times I talk with her. But God can use short, faith-filled prayers to build our faith and increase our joy in Him.
A benefit of praying short-faith filled prayers is that short times of prayer can easily become longer prayer sessions. They’re often the spark that gets the fires of prayer roaring.
How can you add flavor to your walk with God by sprinkling a few more faith-filled prayers into your life?