My two colleagues and I fly out this morning to Ecuador!
We will train five different groups of pastors and leaders in Jonah (two groups), Mark, Genesis 1-12, and 1-2 Samuel. I get home December 4th. (If you are unfamiliar with our pastoral training in biblical exposition, learn more at www.leadershipresources.org.)
- Pray for the pastors we train to grow in their understanding of Scripture and ability to clearly communicate it.
- Pray for pastors and leaders to understand the WHY of our training and revel in the sufficiency of the Word for life and ministry (2 Timothy 3:16–17).
- Pray for pastors/leaders to experience Christ through His Word in a transformative way.
- Pray for me to be spiritually strong and nourished by rich private time in the Word and prayer.
- Pray for me to be healthy: specifically not having migraine headaches or getting dehydrated.
- Pray for a kingdom focus at all times and for the heart of a servant.
- Pray for safety in our travel and protection from harm.
- Pray for clarity in my teaching/preaching and ability to lead discussions and direct conversations.
- Pray that I would have great conversations and fellowship with our Ecuadorian brothers and sisters.
- Pray for God to continue raising up Ecuadorian leaders who can serve as movement leaders in their country.
- Pray for my (likely) preaching at three different churches Sunday, November 19th, 26th, and December 3rd.
- Pray that my time away from Jazlynn would deepen our love for each other.
Thank you for your prayers!
November 28th is Giving Tuesday, which is like the “Black Friday” for giving to non-profits. I organized our online campaign and will send you an email on the 28th of how you can help us strengthen the Cuban church. Stay tuned! (Or get a head start.)