My friend Clay Kraby recently welcomed me onto the Reasonable Theology podcast to discuss a topic I’m passionate about: overcoming roadblocks to prayer. You can listen below or on ReasonableTheology.org.
The following show notes are courtesy of ReasonableTheology.org.
All believers experience roadblocks in their prayer life at one time or another, and many Christians find growing in the area of prayer to be one of their greatest challenges.
On this episode, our guest Kevin Halloran discusses common roadblocks we face and provides us with five practical on-ramps to a joy-filled prayer life.
As Kevin says, “A more joyful prayer life may be closer than you realize, even if you have no idea how to get there. God wants us to enjoy Him in prayer, and sometimes all it takes is a small on-ramp of truth to take us to the highway of joyful prayer and deeper communion with God.”
In This Episode We’ll Learn:
- Common roadblocks that keep us from enjoying our prayer lives
- How overthinking, guilt, stress, and improper motives can hinder our desire to pray
- The value of community in developing the discipline of prayer
- Five on-ramps for getting your prayer life back on the right track
- Practical steps we can take to improve our joy in prayer
I really enjoy the Reasonable Theology Podcast and recommend you subscribe and catch up on past episodes!