Thanks again to all of you who have helped launch my book! I promise I’ll talk about other things eventually. :-). But until that day, a few more When Prayer Is a Struggle announcements and resources. Please share!
- The audiobook is now available on Amazon and ChristianAudio! I’m hoping to run an audiobook giveaway soon, so follow me on social media to find out how to win.
- Check out this review excerpt of my book by Tim Challies: “A very relevant and very applicable guide to prayer… we would at times all benefit from this book… I believe that through this book, God will… help you fight through your struggles and learn to enjoy prayer as one of his most precious gifts.”
- I’ve ran a number of pieces to help promote the book. Here is a rundown: One Simple Method for Praying the Bible (GospelRelevance), How the Lord’s Prayer Can Help You Overcome Your Prayer Struggles (TGC), Three Questions for Discerning Our Motives in Prayer (GCD), Six Reasons God May Not Listen to Our Prayers (Unlocking the Bible). Also check out this livestream concert from The Psalms Project and see the shoutout Shane gives the book in the first few minutes!
- Here are some radio/podcast interviews to listen to: Interview on Dawn and Steve in the Mornings (Moody Radio – Nashville), Servants of Grace, Reasonable Theology, The Bible GPS Podcast Interview. Also check out a few short clips on my YouTube channel.
- Also, if you read the book and have a short testimony for how the Lord has blessed you through it, I’d love to hear it!
- Last thing: if you read the book, please leave a short review on Amazon—it really helps!
It hasn’t been an amazing month for free Christian eBooks, but there are some worth checking out (note: some deals have expired). Also, check out the WTSBooks sale on the New Studies in Biblical Theology series.
Here’s a great online event that you’re not going to want to miss: Open The Bible with Pastor Colin Smith. Learn the whole Bible story in three hours! I was at the filming of the video yesterday and it is rich. In the teaching, you will learn
- 5 people you should know from the Old Testament
- 5 key events in the life of Jesus
- 5 gifts God gives to every Christian
A Prayer for Afghanistan by Dan Darling
What Happens to Those Who Never Hear the Gospel? By Matt Smethurst.
New Research: More Engagement Promotes More Outrage Online by Chris Martin
Bethel, Jesus, and Dove Dung by Lionel Windsor. You can learn so much from a scathing review of Bethel Church like this. Speaking of concerning theology, this was a helpful explanation of why I don’t recommend Steven Furtick or his church Elevation.
Christian Reflections on Networking. Some helpful words from David Qaoud.
Seven Characteristics of Liberal Theology by Kevin DeYoung.
Thinking Biblically about Systemic Injustice by Thaddeus Williams
Joe Rigney’s Seven Interactive Talks on The Chronicles of Narnia. (And in case you hadn’t heard, Aslan is on the move. 🦁 ➡️ )
Alisa Childers: Discerning The Most Popular Christian Podcast in the Country (The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill)
How Can We Create a Culture of Prayer in Our Churches? My answer.