The end of the year is good for a few things: Christmas, after Christmas sales, leftover Christmas cookies, and in the blogosphere at least, end of the year “Top 10” lists.
The list below is a mix between the most shared blog posts and my favorites (you might call this an “editor’s choice”). If another post of mine was especially valuable to you, share a link to it in the comments.
1. 250+ Free Online Seminary Classes, Courses, Programs, and Book Recommendations
2. 23 Signs You May Be Captive to Your Christian Sub-Culture and Missing True Christianity
3. How to Persevere in Prayer When You’re Really Stressed Out
4. 75 Signs You’re Growing in Grace
5. How to Share the Gospel With Someone Who Says All Christians Are Hypocrites
7. Jesus is Better Than Materialism
8. 6 Suggested Responses to the Mark Driscoll Controversy
9. 100 of the Best C.S. Lewis Quotes
10. The One Thing That Can Destroy Evangelicalism From Within
How to Meditate on Scripture: Learning from Luther’s Example
Why Neil Postman Thinks We Should Ban All Political Commercials from TV
4 Leadership Lessons from a King Who Finished Poorly
31 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Came to Earth
10 Tips to Boost Your Prayer Life With Your Smartphone
Getting Beyond the Kind of Bible Reading That is a Waste of Time
My favorite books of the year to review:
- Prayer by Tim Keller,
- The Stories We Tell by Mike Cosper
- What’s Best Next by Matt Perman
- Taking God at His Word by Kevin DeYoung
Which blog posts did you enjoy the most in 2014? What would you like to see more of in 2015?
[…] Top 10 2014 Posts. From our friend Kevin Halloran […]