It’s finally happening.
I’ve mentioned a book project on this blog before, and for a myriad of reasons I kept pushing it off to focus on other projects and ministries. But the time has finally come to turn my dream into a reality.
P&R Publishing has graciously decided to partner with me by publishing a book titled When Prayer is a Struggle with an expected release date of Fall 2021. (First draft is due late November of 2020.)
The idea for the book came when I realized that I didn’t really believe that a good prayer life was possible(!). After I asked the Lord to forgive me for my malnourished view of Himself, the gospel, and prayer, I began to wonder, why did I struggle so much to pray? The concept is simple, right? Just have a conversation with your heavenly Father. The more I analyzed my life and talked to fellow believers, I realized there are several common obstacles we all face when trying to seek God’s face through prayer.
Lord willing, When Prayer is a Struggle will address those common struggles in a way that’s both theologically-rich and practically helpful.
There are two ways you can help:
1. Pray for me.
Here are a few ways you can pray:
- Pray for my book to glorify God, exalt Christ, and strengthen the church.
- Pray for a productive several months of writing.
- Pray I would abide in the Lord and enjoy rich communion with Him as I write.
- Pray that the final product would lead readers to worship and help them break free from struggles to pray.
- Pray for the P&R team to have wisdom and skill to shape this book so it will be the most fruitful for the kingdom.
- Pray for guidance to a good Spanish publisher who can partner with P&R and myself to impact Latin America through a translation of the book.
- Pray for the book to connect Leadership Resources International and I to future partners who can help strengthen the global church by training her pastors in biblical exposition.
2. Take my short ten-question survey.
Answers will help shape content in the book. I may even quote you!
Working on this project will not leave much extra time for blogging, so my apologies in advance for a slower publishing schedule!