This Friday I will head down to Ecuador with Leadership Resources to train three groups of pastors and church leaders in expositional preaching as a part of the Training National Trainers program. I will be preaching a few times and leading workshops in Habakkuk, Mark, and Genesis 1-11.
A few interesting facts about Ecuador:
- Jim Elliot was martyred in Ecuador trying to reach the Auca natives with the Gospel
- Quito, Ecuador’s capital established in 1534, has a 9,350 ft altitude, which makes it the highest capital city in the world
- 8.5% of the population is an evangelical Christian (according to Operation World)
- The only Ecuadorian to ever win a gold medal is Jefferson Perez, the speed-walker, who has won two gold medals
- A trip to the Galapagos Islands (part of Ecuador) influenced Charles Darwin to develop his theory of evolution
- Ecuador used to be one united country with Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, and parts of Brazil and Peru named La Gran Colombia
Please keep the following things in prayer:
- Please pray for our safety as we fly and travel on the ground.
- I will be preaching on November 23 and 30 at two different churches. Pray for God’s Word to go forth and bear fruit
- We will be training two groups of pastors in the Training National Trainers program November 24th through 28th in Portoviejo, Ecuador and Pedernales, Ecuador (we will train in Habakkuk and Mark).
- December 5-7th training with pastors/church leaders in Quito, Ecuador (we will be training in Genesis 1-11)
- Pray that the Word of God would increase and prevail mightily in Ecuador
- Pray for that everyone we train would be encouraged, equipped, and their convictions and abilities to preach and minister the word strengthened
Pray for clarity in my teaching/preaching and ability to lead discussions and direct conversations
- Pray that I would have great conversations and fellowship with our Ecuadorian brothers and sisters
- Pray that God would be raising up leaders from our groups who can, in the future, serve as movement leaders who will be responsible for expanding our training in biblical exposition in their country