2015 has been a year I’ll never forget. The list of highlights below should tell you why:
- I got married!
- I had the joy of officiating my brother’s wedding six weeks after my wedding.
- Settling into live with my beautiful bride.
- Seeing the Spanish ministry at The Orchard EFC grow and mature.
- Seeing my beloved Cubs win their first ever series-clinching game at Wrigley Field. (How awesome and yet pathetic at the same time!)
- Another fruitful trip with Leadership Resources to Ecuador to train pastors in biblical exposition.
- Releasing my first eBook in the Kindle store.
- And many more highlights…including growth of the Word + Life blog in exposure and readership.
This post serves to share the best posts from 2015 based on pageviews and social shares. I also share runners up, posts from previous years that still receive considerable traffic, and some of the best articles I had other places on the web. (See the top posts of 2014.)
I’m hoping 2016 will be a fruitful year for me helping you in your walk with Christ.
Pray for me as I plan and pray about future writing projects and seek to create a more consistent schedule for Word + Life.
Top Posts/Articles of 2015
This article spawned from a provocative lunchtime conversation and shares how God’s grace extends to the worst of sinners.
People love Spurgeon. Read these helpful tips to find out why.
I didn’t keep these perfectly, but they helped shape a fruitful year of reading.
I had a lot of fun compiling this post.
Featuring a snippet from a helpful conversation between Eric Metaxas and Os Guinness.
Yes, a former Backstreet Boy pastors under R.C. Sproul. Here’s his story.
- The Story Behind the Prayermate App: An Interview with Andy Geers
- Tim Keller’s 9 Questions for Sleepy and Nominal Christians | Also see my top viewed book review of the year with Keller’s The Songs of Jesus Devotional in the Psalms.
- Does What You Do Define You? 3 Dangerous Ways to Think About Your Identity
- A Powerful Sermon on Overcoming the Fear of Terrorism
- J.C. Ryle’s 8 Symptoms of False Teaching
- 6 Observations from the Prayer Requests of the Apostle Paul
- 10 Recommended World War II Books for Christian Readers
- 6 Needed Mind Shifts for Your Fight Against Sin
- Following Christ on Social Media: 15 Questions for Self-Examination
- The 40 Best E.M. Bounds Christian Quotes on Prayer
- Preparing Your Heart for Future Persecution
Other high-trafficked posts from previous years:
- 100 of the Best C.S. Lewis Quotes
- A Complete List of the Apostle Paul’s Prayers in the Bible
- What are the Five Love Languages? A Summary
- 250+ Free Online Seminary Classes, Courses, Programs, and Book Recommendations
- 10 Hindrances to an Effective Prayer Life
- How to Learn New Testament Greek
- Obscure Bible Character…or Lord of the Rings Character?
- Religion vs. the Gospel
- The 20 Best Daily Devotional Books
Other articles from around the web:
- 12 Books of the Bible For One-to-One Bible Reading (the Spanish version of which made the Spanish blog at The Gospel Coalition’s top 10 of the year)
- Review of Heaven, How I Got Here by Colin Smith (at The Gospel Coalition)
- 5 Reasons Preachers Avoid Sermons on Hell (at The Gospel Coalition)
- Moving Toward Christ-Centered Preaching in Ecuador (at The Gospel Coalition)
- Three Telltale Signs of a Foolish Christian (at Unlocking the Bible)
- Preaching to the Soils: The Kinds of People to Consider as You Apply Scripture in Preaching (at Leadership Resources)
- 10 Reasons Why Preachers Don’t Preach Expository Sermons (at Leadership Resources)
- Implications of Justification by Faith from Romans 5-8 in Graphical Form (at Leadership Resources)
- Disciple Making in the 21st Century: An Interview with Author Trevin Wax (at Leadership Resources)
- How to Listen to a Sermon: 15 Practical Tips for Receiving the Word (at Leadership Resources)
- A Simple Guide for Seeing How the Old Testament Points to Jesus Christ (at Leadership Resources)
- A Man Walks Into a Bar…and Comes to Christ (at Leadership Resources)
- Why Expository Preaching? 20 Reasons to Preach Expositional Sermons (at Leadership Resources)
See you in 2016!